June 13, 2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
You know what Scrum is. And question if it’s enough.
You’ve been a Product Owner for over a year now. Taking the CSPO course helped yet still you struggle with things like:
- Switching from delivering features to owning outcomes
- Solving real-world problems for users and customers
- Collaborating effectively with business owners, designers and developers
- Feeling like you’re part of the Scrum team
- Keeping the team inspired and informed
- Working on challenges that cut across multiple teams
Really feel like you own the product.
Experience how to continuously discover and deliver lovable products by:
- Effectively working together continuously
- Practicing what advanced Product Owners and teams do
- Applying product discovery and design practices
- Gaining empathy with users and understanding their goals
- Sharing understanding and ownership of products
Overview of Learning Objectives
|Performing the Product Owner Role
Purpose and Strategy
Customer Research & Discovery
|Testing Product Assumptions
Product Backlog Techniques
In this course, we work through a design challenge and build a product solution. You will organize into balanced product ownership teams and work together to:
- Define and prioritize real-world problems from a consumer’s view
- Model and critique different opportunities
- Perform user research to test product assumptions
- Sketch personas to target with the opportunity
- Build models to help envision the whole product story
- Ideate and iterate through specific challenges identified and refine solutions
- Prototype and test a viable hypothesis
- Detail the product solution
- Review your work and that of the other teams in a trade show format
- Evaluate your team’s approach to product discovery and delivery
Who should attend?
- Product managers, business stakeholders, and product marketing professionals: to help make valuable products
- User experience practitioners, and business analysts: to help make usable and desirable products
- Senior engineers: to help make feasible products
- Project managers, Scrum Masters, and agile coaches: to guide successful product discovery and delivery
Who is this guy anyway?
You can find out more about Aaron on LinkedIn. You should check out his web site while you are at it!
What you’ll receive
- Scrum Alliance’s Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner license
- Course materials and handouts plus soft copies
- 16 Scrum Alliance SEUs and PMI PDUs
- A wealth of knowledge to take back to your organization
Other benefits of the A-CSPO
- Build on your foundational knowledge with enhanced skills for the advancement of these techniques within your company and teams.
- Distinguish yourself in the global marketplace. This new certification provides an opportunity to take the next step and stand out among the global Scrum community.
- Learn how to advance your own potential as a highly valued professional.
What’s required to take this course
You must already hold the CSPO license and be an active member of the Scrum Alliance.
Quotes from past participants
“Clearly knowledgeable, interesting, patient.”
“Aaron is a born teacher… motivating.”
“Ability to keep full engagement and positivity.”
“Aaron is a great teacher and coach. I worked with him on a major agile transition. I found his teaching style very compelling and I really like the work he has done to integrate product discovery with agile delivery. I hope to work with Aaron again and look forward to that time.”
“Thank you for inspiring me on how to keep the Agile mindset.”
“I’ve been to a LOT of professional training, and this was the best one I’ve attended, bar none.”
“Steady, patient influencer and educator (…) brought both devs and management around to the benefits of a well-implemented agile program.”
“He built strong relationships with both the business and technical teams at the senior leadership layer on down, educating both sides on how to drive product development with agility.”