March 24, 2015
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Instructor: DevJam is proud to host Aaron Sanders and his pragmatic approach to the Certified Scrum Master class.
Course Length: 2 days
Who Should Attend: Anyone involved with the creation of software; Project Managers
Prerequisites: None, just a willing to learn
Description: Hey, we know that many professionals are looking to take Certified Scrum Master training because, well, they have to. Aaron’s class won’t just meet requirements – he’ll share over two decades of his hands-on experience, and guide you towards understanding why Agile development works, not just how it works.
In case you don’t already know, the Scrum Alliance has developed a solid set of content and learning objectives that every Certified Scrum Master training course must include. You can take a look at the objectives here.
That sounds pretty dry. Will my butt fall asleep? Will I fall asleep?
We know full well what it is like to sit in a plastic chair in a room full of strangers while an “expert” drones on and on in front of their snazzy deck. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Aaron’s class is all about active learning – you’ll be up and down and all around having discussions, participating in simulations, and DOING, DOING, DOING! Aaron is adept at creating learning opportunities for every type of learner.
(Warning: fun might be had)
So, over two days, you’ll engage in powerful discussions and active learning with your peers while challenging notions of traditional and Agile development. We will cover all of the CSM learning objectives and you’ll leave understanding:
- The origins of Agile development and the values and principles that define it
- The essential values, roles, meetings, and artifacts that define the Scrum framework
- Specific practices that support designing and delivering great products within the framework
You’ll also be confident in your ability to:
- Help your product owner get the product backlog in shape
- Identify and remove obstacles
- Facilitate release planning events
- Facilitate Sprint meetings: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective
- Use Scrum artifacts and visibility tools for tracking and facilitating decision-making
- Use Scrum to help your team and organization improve
But wait…there’s more!
Want to learn the super secret rules for Scrum success garnered from years of experience guiding Scrum Teams and leading Agile transformation? Then take the course.
Um, is there a test?
Why yes, there is, and you WILL pass it.
If you show up both days, participate in the activities and refrain from checking your twitter/facebook/email every two minutes, you will be eligible to take the Scrum Alliance’s Certified ScrumMaster exam. Aaron’s students have a near perfect pass rate, but if for some reason you don’t pass on your second try, Aaron will pay for you to try again. That’s right! He stands behind his teaching methods so strongly, that if you still can’t pass, you have the opportunity of retaking the course…for free*!
* Disclaimer: Aaron has never had to give away a free class…he’s that good.
What materials will I receive?
- A copy of all presentation materials
- 16 PMI PDUs
- A wealth of knowledge to take back to your organization
- Really yummy snacks
#_LOCATIONTOWN, #_LOCATIONSTATE #_LOCATIONPOSTCODE