May 18, 2017
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Certified Scrum Master Training
Want to Actually Learn Something Useful?
It’s no secret that many professionals are looking to take a CSM course because, well, they have to. Our class won’t just meet requirements – we’ll share over two decades of hands-on experience, and guide towards understanding why Agile development works, not just how it works.
What exactly will I learn?
In case you don’t already know, the Scrum Alliance has developed a solid set of learning objectives that every Scrum Trainer’s course must include. You can take a look at them here.
Will my butt fall asleep? Will I fall asleep?
We know full well what it is like to try and sit still in a room full of strangers while an “expert” drones on and on in front of their snazzy deck. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
Aaron’s class is all about active learning – you’ll be up and down and all around having discussions, participating in simulations, and DOING, DOING, DOING! Aaron is adept at creating learning opportunities for every type of learner. (Warning: fun might be had)
So, over two days, you’ll engage in powerful discussions and active learning with your peers while challenging notions of traditional and Agile development. We will cover all of the CSM learning objectives and you’ll leave understanding:
- The origins of Agile development and the values and principles that define it
- The essential values, roles, meetings, and artifacts that define the Scrum framework
- Specific practices that support designing and delivering great products within the framework
You’ll also be confident in your ability to:
- Help your product owner get the product backlog in shape
- Identify and remove obstacles
- Facilitate release planning events
- Facilitate Sprint meetings: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective
- Use Scrum artifacts and visibility tools for tracking and facilitating decision-making
- Use Scrum to help your team and organization improve
But wait…there’s more!
Want to learn the super secret rules for Scrum success garnered from years of experience guiding Scrum Teams and leading Agile transformation? Then take the course.
Um, is there a test?
Why yes, there is, and you WILL pass it.
If you show up both days, participate in the activities and refrain from checking your twitter/facebook/email every two minutes, you will be eligible to take the Scrum Alliance’s Certified ScrumMaster exam. Aaron’s students have a near perfect pass rate, but if for some reason you don’t pass on your second try, Aaron will pay for you to try again. That’s right! He stands behind his teaching methods so strongly, that if you still can’t pass, you have the opportunity of retaking the course…for free*!
* Disclaimer: Aaron has never had to give away a free class…he’s that good.
What materials will I receive?
- A copy of all presentation materials
- 16 PMI PDUs
- A wealth of knowledge to take back to your organization
Um, is there a discount if I want to bring a team?
You betcha! Bring your own team of 3-5, and get group pricing. Bring 6-10, get even more off! Ten or more? Maybe he can come to you….
Who is this guy anyway?
What do past participants say?
“Clearly knowledgeable, interesting, patient.”
“Aaron is the real deal and would recommend him with no reservation. He truly adapts to your organization needs and practices what he coaches.”
“Ability to keep full engagement and positivity.”
“Aaron is a great teacher and coach. I worked with him on a major agile transition. I found his teaching style very compelling and I really like the work he has done to integrate product discovery with agile delivery. I hope to work with Aaron again and look forward to that time.”
#_LOCATIONTOWN, #_LOCATIONSTATE #_LOCATIONPOSTCODE